Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Dance The Morning Away!


While most of you were on the treadmill this morning I was dancing like I was in a nightclub in Miami for 55 Minutes. Where was I, you ask? I was at 305 Fitness, a new boutique studio getting a lot of attention.

I decided to take a 7AM class the night before, giving me no time to back out. When my alarm went off, I immediately regretting my choice, I am not a dancer by any stretch of my imagination (maybe the occasional dance party alone in my apartment) and doesn't it seem to early to dance like this?!

The studio is a cool downtown space with two floors, a friendly front desk staff, and great bathroom amenities!

I was shown to the studio where I quickly noticed a DJ booth with an actual DJ! All classes have an instructor and a live DJ who spins different tracks, so no class is ever the same. Denise, the instructor came over to meet me and just told me to have a good time.

At 7AM on the dot the lights dimmed, the strobe lights flashed, and the music started. Denise wasted zero time getting right into the choreography. Now I have taken so many classes where it is impossible to follow a long but Denise made it easy enough to watch and dance...at least I think I got it down.

Jumping, squats, the cha cha, and booty shaking for 55 minutes straight is a GREAT workout combining cardio and strength training, they even have a weight series for your arms.

By the end of class everyone is sweating, smiling and rushing to the showers to get to the office. Not many people can say they danced with a live DJ before sitting down at their desk.

Be sure to check it out and get ready to sweat!



3 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with Zumba so this seems like the class for me! Especially since I work 9-5pm everyday, I need something to wake me up instead of coffee. Where are the locations?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to say, sounds like Zumba, but even more fun! I think I'd prefer that whole nightclub setting, it would make it easier for me to forget I'm exercising.

      Delete
  2. Now this sounds like something I would love! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete